If you didn’t already have a reason to celebrate this beautiful day, we’re giving you one. Today is officially National Toasted Marshmallow Day. What better excuse to curl up by a campfire or even just pop a makeshift s’more into the microwave?
With summer winding down, the days of gathering up some firewood and roasting marshmallows over the fire are limited – so don’t make the mistake of not participating in this awesome day.
Most people’s fondest memories come from sitting around a roaring campfire toasting marshmallows. Today is your chance to relive those memories, and even create some new ones. For anyone who’s never experienced toasting marshmallows before, what better day to learn?
Gather up your friends, family and loved ones and toast away! Summer would not be summer without at least one campfire and s’more, so go and enjoy the last few weeks of the summer season starting tonight! And don’t forget to use the hash tag, #ToastedMarshmallowDay on social media to show us what you’re up to!
• Chocolate Candy Bar (Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup or Heath Bar if you’re feeling adventurous!)
• Honey Graham Crackers
• Break off a square of the Graham cracker
• Add a square chunk of the chocolate of your choice
• Toast a big ol’ marshmallow over the fire (make sure it’s extra toasted in honor of today!)
• Add the hot marshmallow on top of the chocolate
• Top it off with another Graham cracker
• Eat, savor and enjoy!
No campfire? No problem.
You can make s’mores just as easily by heating them up in the microwave. Just put them together the same way as the instructions say so and pop them into the microwave on high for no longer than 15 to 20 seconds.